Resources for Parents
- Per CDC and AAP guidelines, if your child is not medically evaluated, he/she must remain at home for at least 10 days from the first day symptoms appeared AND 24 hours fever free without fever-reducing medications AND improvement of symptoms.
If you decide to not have your child medically evaluated and choose to keep him/her home for the 10 day recommendation, you must send a written note stating such with your child upon their return to school.
- Illness guidelines. Please call or email the clinic anytime with questions.
Asthma and Allergies
- American Lung Association https://www.lung.org/lung-health-diseases/lung-disease-lookup/asthma
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology https://www.aaaai.org/conditions-and-treatments
- Medline from National Institute of Health https://medlineplus.gov/asthma.html
- Food Allergy Resource and Education https://www.foodallergy.org/
- Medline from NIH https://medlineplus.gov/allergy.html
- NIH research site for allergy https://www.niaid.nih.gov/diseases-conditions/food-allergy
General Health Topics
- Kids Health for all ages https://kidshealth.org/
- Center for Disease Control https://www.cdc.gov/
- Obesity and Nutrition https://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpao/
- Florida Dept. of Health http://www.floridahealth.gov/
- Reseach/ Publications- American Academy of Pediatrics https://www.aappublications.org/
- American Diabetes Association has wonderful resources for parents and teachers http://www.diabetes.org
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation https://www.jdrf.org/t1d-resources/
- National Alliance on Mental Health provides resources and support for parents, guardians and family members https://www.nami.org