Turn in your Talent Entry Forms by Wednesday 2/28
Picture Day 2/27 with Leonard's
Class Group and Spring Individual Photos
Tuesday, February 27th is Picture Day at our school. Please order your child’s photos online:
To order Class Group Photos, enter Access Code G646433 at: www.leonards.com/order
To order Campus Spring Individual Photos, enter Access Code C619746 at: www.leonards.com/photoprepay
***Please make sure your child’s teacher knows that you wish to have your child photographed for Spring Individuals. ONLY children whose families placed orders will be photographed.
Summer Camp Opportunity at The Amp
F.O.S.A.A. 2024 Summer Music and Art Camp
Register NOW! For this affordable and unique Summer Camp that runs 6/24-6/28 at The Amp
Download Registration Packet at www.fosaa.org
Registration Day is 3/2/2024 (Spots fill-up quickly!)
"A Day Without Violence"
Art and Poetry Contest
Celebrate Black History Month this February
A la escuela de Otis A. Mason, se habla espanol. Si necessitas hablar con un membiero de este escuela en espanol, llamanos, por favor, a 904-547-8440.
At Mason Elementary, we believe student success is fostered by a continuous commitment to improvement, which ensures well-rounded and motivated learners. We do this by maintaining a safe and dynamic learning environment, promoting high expectations for all students, nurturing determination, developing personal relationships, and involving our community.
The “Mason Way” is one that nurtures a passion in every child for personal success, good character, and a desire to learn, explore, and better themselves as they grow to be responsible members of our community.
Main Office: (904) 547-8440
Clinic: (904) 547-8444
Registration: (904) 547-8436
- Arrival – 8:00am
- Classes Begin –8:25am
- Dismissal –
- 2:45pm – Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri
- 1:45pm – Wed (Early Release)
Policies & Procedures
Attendance & Tardies
Attendance is extremely important for students to be successful at our school. It is also important that students arrive at school on time, and ready to learn! Parents are encouraged to utilize school bus transportation. Daily drop off begins at 8:00am. Families should utilize the parent drop off line and remain in the car until school staff are outside to welcome students for the day (after 8 am). If your child arrives after 8:25am, you will need to come inside the school to sign them in.
Absences from School
If your child is absent from school, a parent/guardian must turn in a written signed note or a doctor’s note within 48 hours for the absence to be considered excused, upon the students return to school. Phone calls will not be accepted. We appreciate your support.
Early Dismissal & Dismissal Changes
- For the safety of all students, children may not be checked out of school after 2:15pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday and 1:15pm on Wednesday.
- If you need to change the way your child goes home in the afternoon or for an early dismissal, please complete our Dismissal Change Request Form. Handwritten notes are no longer accepted.
- Please Note: Early Dismissals – We do not send children to the front office until you have arrived and shown your photo ID to the front office staff. Dismissal Changes – Can only be accepted before 2:10pm (1:10pm on Wednesdays).
- We cannot accept phone calls for those changes. Changes in afternoon transportation should only be for emergency situations. Thank you for your understanding.
Parent & Student Information
- K-3 Read-at-Home Plan Resources 2023-24
- 2023-2024 Parent Resource Guide
- 2023-2024 Master Calendar
- Dismissal Change Request Form
- National Assessment for Educational Progress
- Volunteer and Visitor Policy
- Free & Reduced Lunch Information
- Map & Directions to Otis A. Mason
- Otis A. Mason School Public Accountability Report (SPAR)
- School Improvement Plan
- Parent Access to Student Score Reports in HAC – gr. 3-10
- B.E.S.T. Scale for F.A.S.T. Pages 1-4
- How to Access the FL Statewide Assessments Portal
School District Information
- Student Code of Conduct
- District News and Information
- Bullying Prevention
- Parent Guide to Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS)
- Service Animal Policy
- 2023-24 Elementary Choice Letter
- 2023-24 Code of Conduct Letter
- 2023-24 Letter from the Sheriff
- 2023-24 School Safety Letter
- 2022-23 Signed Class Size Letter
- Economic Security Report Summary 2023-24
- Required Instruction Elementary Parent Letter – 2023-24
School News & Events
St. Johns County School District Head Start provides a free pre-school program and comprehensive health and social services to eligible three- and four-year-old children and their families living in St. Johns County. Head Start is for income eligible families, proof of income is required.
School District News
2023-2024 Science Instructional Materials Adoption
The St. Johns County School District has begun the review process for the Science Instructional Materials Adoption. Once available, the digital resources will be posted on the Instructional Materials Adoption web page and available for review. The core resources that have been submitted for evaluation were selected from the state adoption consideration lists when available. Additional resources for advanced programs may be reviewed from materials listed as appropriate for the program indicated.
Some print materials may be available for review. If you would like access to the available printed materials or require assistance reviewing the online resources, please call the Instructional Resources and Media Services office at 904.547.3947. Materials are available for review from 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM when district offices are open.
We encourage parent and community participation in our adoption process. If you would like to serve on a school committee and formally review the resources as a part of the school review team, please contact any school or our office at 904.547.3947 by February 1, 2024. Committee membership is limited. School administrators will select the appropriate number of reviewers from the list of interested participants.
"Literacy Beyond Boundaries" Virtual Discussion on February 6
Please join St. Johns County School District's ESE Parent Advisory Committee on February 6, 2024, from 6pm to 7:30pm for a virtual discussion titled "Literacy Beyond Boundaries." The discussion will be presented by guest speaker Alex Barr, Community Outreach Manager for the St. Johns County Public Library System.
FortifyFL is a website and app developed at the direction of the Florida Legislature. Any student, educator, parent or member of the public can report school safety concerns directly to law enforcement and school administrators anonymously and easily through the FortifyFL app or getfortifyfl.com.