FSA & i-Ready Proctoring Volunteers Needed
- All FSA & i-Ready Proctors MUST be approved volunteers with SJCSD. Please complete a volunteer application, prior to signing up to be an FSA & i-Ready Proctor. Click Here!
- Interested in volunteering as an FSA Proctor. Sign up! Click Here!
- Interested in volunteering as an i-Ready Proctor. Sign up! Click Here!
- To view our FSA & i-Ready Testing Dates. Click Here!
A message from the St. Johns County School District:
Florida Department of Education does not allow districts to provide a virtual testing option for the Florida Standards Assessment (FSA) or EOC’s for the 2020-2021 school year. According to the state Department of Education, “We are not considering remote proctoring or at-home testing for any of Florida’s K-12 summative or postsecondary assessments in 2020-21”.
The Florida Department of Education has in the past stated that by statute, “Participation in the assessment program is mandatory for all school districts and all students attending public schools…”.
St. Johns County School District does not have the statutory authority to exempt any student from required, state developed assessments, except as specified in Section 1008.212, F.S. which primarily addresses students with physical impairment or children who have a medical complexity as defined in Section 1008.22(9) F.S.
The State of Florida funds Reading Scholarship Accounts for struggling readers – a $500 scholarship that can be used for tutoring and other services – that your child may be eligible for! If you would like further information, please email [email protected], or call us at 1-887-735-7837. Click the link for full details.
At Mason Elementary, we believe student success is fostered by a continuous commitment to improvement, which ensures well-rounded and motivated learners. We do this by maintaining a safe and dynamic learning environment, promoting high expectations for all students, nurturing determination, developing personal relationships, and involving our community.
The “Mason Way” is one that nurtures a passion in every child for personal success, good character, and a desire to learn, explore, and better themselves as they grow to be responsible members of our community.
Main Office: (904) 547-8440
Clinic: (904) 547-8444
Registration: (904) 547-8436
- Arrival – 8:00am
- Classes Begin –8:25am
- Dismissal –
- 2:45pm – Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri
- 1:45pm – Wed (Early Release)
Policies & Procedures
Attendance & Tardies
Attendance is extremely important for students to be successful at our school. It is also important that students arrive at school on time, and ready to learn! Parents are encouraged to utilize school bus transportation. Daily drop off begins at 8:00am. If your child arrives after 8:25am, you will need to come inside the school to sign them in.
Absences from School
If your child is absent from school, a parent/guardian must turn in a written signed note or a doctor’s note within 48 hours for the absence to be considered excused, upon the students return to school. Emails and phone calls will not be accepted. We appreciate your support.
Early Dismissal & Dismissal Changes
- For the safety of all students, children may not be checked out of school after 2:15pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday and 1:15pm on Wednesday.
- If you need to change the way your child goes home in the afternoon or for an early dismissal, please complete our Dismissal Change Request Form.
- Please Note: Early Dismissals – We do not send children to the front office until you have arrived and shown your photo ID to the front office staff. Dismissal Changes – Can only be accepted before 2:10pm (1:10pm on Wednesdays).
- We cannot accept phone calls for those changes. Changes in afternoon transportation should only be for emergency situations. Thank you for your understanding.
School News & Events
AmazonSmile is a program that donates 0.5% of your eligible purchases on Amazon to a charity of your choice (Otis A. Mason Elementary School). All you need to do is start your shopping at smile.amazon.com. The donation will be made at no extra cost to you. Just choose Otis A. Mason Elementary School as your charity and WE will receive a portion of your purchase. As we know, every penny counts.
St. Johns County School District Head Start provides a free pre-school program and comprehensive health and social services to eligible three- and four-year-old children and their families living in St. Johns County. Head Start is for income eligible families, proof of income is required.
School District News
FAQ for Emergency Order 2021-EO-02 (Spring 2021 Assessments, Promotion, Retention, Graduation, VPK)
The SJCSD Guidance Department has provided an FAQ to answer common questions about Executive Order Number 2021-EO-02 which was recently issued by the Florida Department of Education. The FAQ discusses the impact Executive Order 2021-EO-02 will have on assessments, promotion, retention, graduation, and VPK.
School District Events
FortifyFL is a website and app developed at the direction of the Florida Legislature. Any student, educator, parent or member of the public can report school safety concerns directly to law enforcement and school administrators anonymously and easily through the FortifyFL app or getfortifyfl.com.