A la escuela de Otis A. Mason, se habla espanol. Si necessitas hablar con un membiero de este escuela en espanol, llamanos, por favor, a 904-547-8440.
At Mason Elementary, we believe student success is fostered by a continuous commitment to improvement, which ensures well-rounded and motivated learners. We do this by maintaining a safe and dynamic learning environment, promoting high expectations for all students, nurturing determination, developing personal relationships, and involving our community.
The “Mason Way” is one that nurtures a passion in every child for personal success, good character, and a desire to learn, explore, and better themselves as they grow to be responsible members of our community.
Main Office: (904) 547-8440
Clinic: (904) 547-8444
Registration: (904) 547-8436
- Arrival – 8:00am
- Classes Begin –8:25am
- Dismissal –
- 2:45pm – Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri
- 1:45pm – Wed (Early Release)
Policies & Procedures
Attendance & Tardies
Attendance is extremely important for students to be successful at our school. It is also important that students arrive at school on time, and ready to learn! Parents are encouraged to utilize school bus transportation. Daily drop off begins at 8:00am. Families should utilize the parent drop off line and remain in the car until school staff are outside to welcome students for the day (after 8 am). If your child arrives after 8:25am, you will need to come inside the school to sign them in.
Absences from School
If your child is absent from school, a parent/guardian must turn in a written signed note or a doctor’s note within 48 hours for the absence to be considered excused, upon the students return to school. Phone calls will not be accepted. We appreciate your support.
Early Dismissal & Dismissal Changes
- For the safety of all students, children may not be checked out of school after 2:15pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday and 1:15pm on Wednesday.
- If you need to change the way your child goes home in the afternoon or for an early dismissal, please complete our Dismissal Change Request Form. Handwritten notes are no longer accepted.
- Please Note: Early Dismissals – We do not send children to the front office until you have arrived and shown your photo ID to the front office staff. Dismissal Changes – Can only be accepted before 2:10pm (1:10pm on Wednesdays).
- We cannot accept phone calls for those changes. Changes in afternoon transportation should only be for emergency situations. Thank you for your understanding.
Parent & Student Information
- 2023-2024 Parent Resource Guide
- 2023-2024 Master Calendar
- Dismissal Change Request Form
- National Assessment for Educational Progress
- Volunteer and Visitor Policy
- Free & Reduced Lunch Information
- Map & Directions to Otis A. Mason
- Otis A. Mason School Public Accountability Report (SPAR)
- School Improvement Plan
- Parent Access to Student Score Reports in HAC – gr. 3-10
- Understanding FAST Reports For Families
- How to Access the FL Statewide Assessments Portal
School District Information
- Student Code of Conduct
- District News and Information
- Bullying Prevention
- Parent Guide to Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS)
- Service Animal Policy
- 2023-24 Elementary Choice Letter
- 2023-24 Code of Conduct Letter
- 2023-24 Letter from the Sheriff
- 2023-24 School Safety Letter
- 2022-23 Signed Class Size Letter
- Economic Security Report Summary 2023-24
- Required Instruction Elementary Parent Letter – 2023-24
School News & Events
St. Johns County School District Head Start provides a free pre-school program and comprehensive health and social services to eligible three- and four-year-old children and their families living in St. Johns County. Head Start is for income eligible families, proof of income is required.
School District News
Instructional Materials Adoption Update
The adoption review of Social Studies resources for the St. Johns County School District has ended. Resources that were selected by adoption committees for submission to the School Board for adoption consideration are available online. All selected resources have been approved and adopted by the Florida Department of Education. Updates will be posted when appropriate.
Some print materials may be available for review. If you would like access to the available printed materials or require assistance reviewing the online resources, please call the Instructional Resources and Media Services office at 904.547.3947. Materials are available for review from 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM when district offices are open.
For more information about the textbook adoption process, please visit the Florida Department of Education Instructional Materials web page.
"Strategies Parents and Caregivers Can Implement to Address Anxiety Related Symptoms in Their Students" Online Discussion on December 5
Please join us on December 3, 2023, from 6pm to 7:30pm for a virtual discussion titled "Strategies Parents and Caregivers Can Implement to Address Anxiety Related Symptoms in Their Students." The discussion will be presented by guest speaker Marlena Jenkins.
FortifyFL is a website and app developed at the direction of the Florida Legislature. Any student, educator, parent or member of the public can report school safety concerns directly to law enforcement and school administrators anonymously and easily through the FortifyFL app or getfortifyfl.com.