At Mason Elementary, we believe student success is fostered by a continuous commitment to improvement, which ensures well-rounded and motivated learners. We do this by maintaining a safe and dynamic learning environment, promoting high expectations for all students, nurturing determination, developing personal relationships, and involving our community.
The “Mason Way” is one that nurtures a passion in every child for personal success, good character, and a desire to learn, explore, and better themselves as they grow to be responsible members of our community.
Main Office: (904) 547-8440
Clinic: (904) 547-8444
Registration: (904) 547-8436
- Arrival – 8:00am
- Classes Begin –8:25am
- Dismissal –
- 2:45pm – Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri
- 1:45pm – Wed (Early Release)
Policies & Procedures
Attendance & Tardies
Attendance is extremely important for students to be successful at our school. It is also important that students arrive at school on time, and ready to learn! Parents are encouraged to utilize school bus transportation. Daily drop off begins at 8:00am. Families should utilize the parent drop off line and remain in the car until school staff are outside to welcome students for the day (after 8 am). If your child arrives after 8:25am, you will need to come inside the school to sign them in.
Absences from School
If your child is absent from school, a parent/guardian must turn in a written signed note or a doctor’s note within 48 hours for the absence to be considered excused, upon the students return to school. Phone calls will not be accepted. We appreciate your support.
Early Dismissal & Dismissal Changes
- For the safety of all students, children may not be checked out of school after 2:15pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday and 1:15pm on Wednesday.
- If you need to change the way your child goes home in the afternoon or for an early dismissal, please complete our Dismissal Change Request Form. Handwritten notes are no longer accepted.
- Please Note: Early Dismissals – We do not send children to the front office until you have arrived and shown your photo ID to the front office staff. Dismissal Changes – Can only be accepted before 2:10pm (1:10pm on Wednesdays).
- We cannot accept phone calls for those changes. Changes in afternoon transportation should only be for emergency situations. Thank you for your understanding.
Parent & Student Information
- 2022-2023 Master Calendar
- Dismissal Change Request Form
- National Assessment for Educational Progress
- Volunteer and Visitor Policy
- Free & Reduced Lunch Application
- Map & Directions to Otis A. Mason
- Otis A. Mason School Public Accountability Report (SPAR)
- School Improvement Plan
- Parent Access to Student Score Reports in HAC – gr. 3-10
- Understanding FAST Reports For Families
School District Information
- District News and Information
- Bullying Prevention
- Parent Guide to Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS)
- Service Animal Policy
- 22-23 Elementary Choice Letter
- 2022-23 Code of Conduct Letter
- 2022-23 School Safety Letter
- 2022-23 Signed Class Size Letter
- Economic Security Report Summary
- Required Instruction Elementary Parent Letter – 2022-23
School News & Events
St. Johns County School District Head Start provides a free pre-school program and comprehensive health and social services to eligible three- and four-year-old children and their families living in St. Johns County. Head Start is for income eligible families, proof of income is required.
School District News
"Educational Surrogate Parent Training" on Dec. 6
Please join us on Tuesday, December 6, 2022, from 5pm to 8pm for "Educational Surrogate Parent Training." The training will be presented virtually by Florida Diagnostic and Learning Resources System / Northeast Florida Educational Consortium (FDLRS/NEFEC).
FortifyFL is a website and app developed at the direction of the Florida Legislature. Any student, educator, parent or member of the public can report school safety concerns directly to law enforcement and school administrators anonymously and easily through the FortifyFL app or getfortifyfl.com.