Do you want to do something special for your child, recognizing a birthday or accomplishment? Show appreciation to your favorite teacher or staff member…Our spirit rock is a great way to send a message for all to see!
All reservations are made online only using our reservation Sign Up Genius.
All available reservation dates are listed, and date slots will not be modified. Families, groups or organizations must furnish their own labor, paint and supplies to paint a rock.
RESERVATIONS are processed on a first-come, first served basis. Please keep in mind that the earlier you make your reservation, the more likely you are to secure your desired date(s). If you are unable to paint the rock on schedule according to your reservation (due schedule conflict or forgetfulness), please try to trade with another family at the school. PTO does not refund reservations. So please MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
CONTENT: What is painted on the Rock MUST be in good taste and MAY NOT contain any foul language, discriminatory, religious, and/or political statements/symbols. Profanity and obscenities are not permitted. Character Counts here in St. Johns County. All messages should be affirming! Designs should have a caring and nurturing message. All wording and symbols must be positive. The rocks run on the honor system, with the hope that everyone will respect these guidelines.
You must start and complete your painting between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. the day before your reserved date(s). For example, if you reserve a rock for a Tuesday, you may start painting at 4 p.m. on Monday afternoon. Rock reservations for Monday should be painted the previous Friday.
- Standard latex paint (exterior) with roller or rough brush for background, one to two quarts for the background color
- A “rough: roller or large brush to cover the background
- A secondary paint color(s) for coloring the wording/symbols. Acrylics or latex paints, any water-based paint will work well.
- Small (1″ or smaller) brushes or foam sponge brushes sponges for lettering/designs
- Chalk to write any letters/words before painting
- Plastic or canvas drop cloths to protect the sidewalk and curb while you are painting.
- WATER: There is NOT water access on site to rinse off brushes/rollers. Suggest bringing a small bucket and a gallon container of water from home.
- TRASH DISPOSAL / CLEAN UP: Bring a large trash bag to take home all items/supplies after the painting is complete. You will need to properly discard all painting supplies off campus, at home, and not on school grounds. Used paint cans are not to be placed in campus trash bins/dumpsters. Please dispose of paint cans properly off campus.
- NO SPRAY PAINT IS ALLOWED ON CAMPUS PER ADMINISTRATION.
- Please use only “standard” latex or water-based acrylic paint on the rock…no puffy paint, no glue, no chemicals, no oil-based paint, etc.
- You will be painting over the previous day’s message, so make sure your paint will provide good coverage.
- ONLY the rock can be painted. Painting on sidewalks, lamp posts or buildings is prohibited.
- Any damage or destruction to the surrounding areas or buildings will deem the family, group or organization financially responsible for cleaning and repair costs.