OTIS MASON VOLUNTEERS
WE NEED YOU!
Volunteers are one of Otis Mason’s greatest assets.
You are needed to insure our children’s futures.
WE NEED YOU!
How could I possibly help?
- Classroom help – Class parent, Center help, Read to a child
- Assist in the media center
- Take home cut outs for classroom activities
- Be a mentor and change a life
- Help with the “Great Leaps” reading program
- Come to a volunteer workshops where we have a wonderful time meeting each other, learning from each
- other while helping teachers with instructional materials.
- Sign up to help the PTA
- Tutor a child
- Teach a class about your profession
- Help with health screening
- Help with class pictures
- Chaperone a field trip
How do I become a volunteer?
- Fill out a volunteer application online.
- Your application will then be filed with the St. Johns County Sheriff’s Department.
- When the Sheriff’s department has told us that it has cleared you are welcome to volunteer at our school or any St. Johns County school for three years.
- To ensure our children’s safety, absolutely no one may volunteer on school property without a cleared volunteer application. No exceptions will be made.
- Even if you are not sure if you will be able to volunteer, please fill out a form anyway. Better to be safe than sorry.
How do I get involved in Mentoring?
- Mason also offers a mentoring program for students in need of extra individual attention.
- These students have been identified by their teachers as individuals who could benefit from some one–on–one time from another adult.
- If this sounds like an area of interest to you, please contact our Guidance Counselor at 819-8440
- Training will be provided for this very important role
RSVP – Retired, Senior Volunteer Program
- If you are a retired senior and would like to volunteer please contact Cheryl Freeman @ (904) 819-8440.
We would love to hear from you!
Feel free to send ideas and ask questions.
We would also love to add you to our email list so we can send you important volunteer/information and details on upcoming events.
Just email us with the following information: